Today I have been feeling a little cold, and I wanted something nice, cuddly and warm to make me feel a little better. Also I got the chance to watch TV while having my Breakfast this morning. I realized it does solve many problems and moods when done right (Romedy)
I had Quinoa cooked in milk, with Gojiberries, Almonds, Walnuts, and Pistachios. I don’t know I felt like having something warm this morning and now the Sun is over my head dancing. Also, been a while since I watched TV with breakfast.
This is such a wholesome Breakfast. Especially when it involves Quinoa (pronounced as keen-wah) It is a species of the goosefoot genus, a grain crop grown primarily for its edible seeds. It is a pseudo cereal rather than a true cereal, as it is not a member of the true grass family.
It has so many Health benefits that you need to thank me a LOT if you include it in your diet.
– It is Very High in Fiber… much higher than most grains.
– Quinoa is Gluten Free and Perfect for People with Gluten Intolerance.
– It is Very High in Protein, With All the Essential Amino Acids that we need.
– It Has a Low Glycemic Index.
– It is high in Minerals especially Magnesium.
– It is loaded with Antioxidants.
– It has Several Important Characteristics That make it a Weight Loss Friendly Food.
– It is Easy to Incorporate into Your Diet.
You can use them instead of rice in your meals. Replace them with oats/cornflakes in your Morning Breakfast. They can be used in your desserts too. They are quite a many possibilities, just be innovative.
Goji berries – here