I am still one of those people who enjoy having a relaxed Breakfast with Mother Nature in my view. It is acceptable if my Nature currently has quite many trees, a road, and some buildings and cars honking. And yes I know it’s too hot to sit outside, but hello I don’t have my Breakfast around noon.
My dad got some fresh cut sausages and Salami’s a day back and since then I have been dreaming about eating those. So today was good day to turn my dreams into reality. I stir fried these for about 3 minutes each side as I like them a little brown than normal.
Today’s Breakfast – Chicken Sausages + Salami with herbs + Hash browns + Fresh Oj
Also, it s really not acceptable to eat these yum things minus Hash browns. My mom has been making Hash browns since forever and I never really knew what they were called really until some years back. I tried making these while everyone was asleep to surprise them and to my surprise they were really bad.
It took me sometime (wasted Potatoes) to get the hang of it and I could finally make some edible stuff.
Hash Browns –
- Shred the potatoes on the largest holes of a box grater.
- Wrap in a kitchen towel, and twist to squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Transfer the potatoes to a plate lined with two layers of paper towels. Cook in a microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. When oil shimmers (must step), add shredded potato.
- Season with a large pinch of salt and pepper.
- Using a spatula, press potato into an even layer. Cook until golden brown on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Flip the potatoes with the spatula and brown on the other side, about 2 minutes longer.
- Serve immediately.
They are super easy and you might have a winner in your first try too. For me, I will ask mom to make these from now on.
Catch up on your sleep, Have a great Saturday!