Do you ever look at your dinner plate and get all excited? Well I do
all the time. The fact this gorgeous dinner was whipped up by my mom impressed me of her plating skills. There comes a flying slap if she reads this. No, but seriously she did a great job of that upside down Dalia and the sauteed Spinach. She said that Dalia looks so much more edible like this and I couldn’t agree more. For this dinner, cucumbers were cut by me, everything else mom did.
Dalia and Spinach with Dal
- Cracked wheat
- 2 teaspoons of oil
- Sesame seeds
– Lentils – Yellow dal prepared by mom
– Spinach – Sauté fresh leaves in a hot pan with a teaspoon of oil and sesame seeds
– Cracked Wheat/Dalia – Take a teaspoon of oil and add fresh garlic to it. Add water and Dalia and pressure cook on medium for 2 whistles. Be fancy and pour the hot dalia in a bowl for 10 minutes. Scoop it out directly on the plate while serving
– Cucumber – Salad seasoned with black pepper
- Dalia again is our Desi super food if i say so myself.
- There are so many ways we can prepare it.
- It is an excellent source of dietary fiber.
- It improves digestion.
- High in proteins and low in calories.
- Rich spurce of Vitamin B1 and B2.
PS – I made a Dalia salad in under 10 minutes, recipe and pictures here.